How to prepare Print Files
PDF files are the preferred filetype. With them set up the
following way. Don't worry if you need help - we are more than
happy to help, and can print from other files.
Should be converted to outlines.
Will print well at 300dpi, however they will print better if
they are 600dpi (yes all our machines print at 600dpi or
A bleed area of 5mm is preferred.
Crop marks on 4 corners of the sheet,
offset by at least 3mm
In prepress we layup booklets etc, so all PDF files can be
supplied as individual sheets (there is no need for spreads or
Customisation, Variable Data, Regionalisation, and 1 to 1
Customisation and Mailmerge jobs are also completed, such as
inclusion of serial numbers on documents, recipient names and
These can be supplied as either:
1. PDF files of already merged documents.
2. Document files with a database. For example a PDF letter, with
customisation data supplied in either Excel or CSV files.
Assistance and advice can be provided in setting these up if
- Microsoft Word MailMerge (Mail Merge)
- Excel MailMerge
- Customised letters, Catalogue Pages, Price Lists, Order Forms
- Adhesive address labels
- Sequential serial Numbers on Vouchers etc.
This capability is typically used for customised letters,
flyers, vouchers, catalogue pages, price lists, order forms and
general personalised advertising.
Print runs can be as low as 5 or 10 prints, or as long as 10's
Research shows personalised advertising aka Direct Marketing
leads to a dramatic increase in effectiveness and conversion rates.
Especially when personalised names and information are matched to a
Enquire online today
Print capabilities of Copy Colour
To ensure that a high quality of colour and service are
maintained Copy Colour has extensive in-house digital print and
finishing capabilities. These are supplemented with services
from other specialists when needed for particular jobs.
Use Copy Colour's fast digital print services.
Sizes & Format Capabilities
- Standard print sizes include:
- Business cards, tickets, postcards, DLE, A5, A4, Foolscap,
Letter, A3, SRA3, and 330 x 480mm - including cut, and/or
- Wide format sizes include:
- A3, A2, A1, A0, B0, 2A0, and right up to a maximum of 1.5m wide
x 30m long, big banners!
Ink and Toner Capabilities
- Colour - Laser (CMYK), or 8 colour pigmented ink, photographic
- Black and White - Laser, Inkjet, or Photocopy.
- HP Vivera 91 Inkjet Inks with superior UV and water
- Two Konica Minolta C6000 Laser Toners.
- No HP previous generation, no dyes, no unbranded inks are used
- please be wary of poster printers that use dye (they can fade
very quickly - especially if you have red in your artwork).
Input Option Capabilities
The preferred input file type is Adobe PDF for both standard
format and wide format print jobs. Colours should be set to CMYK,
rather than RGB, where possible.
Output files from any of the following software can also
normally be used.
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- On Paper (for scanning when needed, and for colour and black
and white photocopying)
- Others by arrangement
Output Media & Substrate Capabilities - Standard Format
(including A5, A4, A3 & SRA3)
- Papers and Light Card (80gsm - 300 gsm)
- Xerox Colotech+ iGen3 Colour Printing Papers
- Adhesive Address and other types of Labels
- Recycled Paper and FSC (Forest Stewardship Council)
- Wood-free Papers
- NCR Paper
- Matt, Satin, Gloss
- Metallic Papers
- other substrates by arrangement
Output Media & Substrate Capabilities - Wide Format
(including A2, A1, A0, and 1.5m wide x 3m long)
- FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Environmentally Preferred
- Heavyweight Poster Papers
- Coated Poster Papers
- Photographic Papers - matt, satin, gloss
- White Adhesive Vinyl
- Backlit Film
- Lightbox Film
Finishing Capabilities (to make your job stand out)
- Foiling in gold or silver
- Blind embossing
- Laminating - UV resistant, matt, gloss
- Wire Binding - metal
- Comb Binding - plastic
- Corner rounding
- Booklet making: saddle stitch (works well up to 80 pages, great
for smaller lookbooks, exams, manuals etc)
- Book making: perfect bind (ideal for novels, big catalogues,
large lookbooks, detailed proposals and tender documents, premium
- Book making: wiro bound (great for recipe books, diaries and
- Hardcover book making: case bound (great for premium books,
high end corporate reports)
Customer privacy is seen as the ability for the customer to
retain management of just how much information (if any) about
themselves and their printed products is passed on to other
parties. i.e. the ability to choose to reveal information
To allow customers to selectively manage access to their printed
products, Copy Colour provides two levels of confidential digital
Copy Colour's digital printing facility is not located in a
public copy centre or shopfront print shop. This means that print
jobs are processed away from the public's gaze.
Normally only Copy Colour staff, selected invited
customers and trade suppliers have access, and then on a
managed basis, to the Copy Colour print premises.
Additional levels of privacy can be provided when needed, such
as for commercially sensitive materials or examination texts.
- Confidentiality agreements
- Password protected PDF files
- Personal delivery of printed products
- After hours printing by only one staff member
- Deletion and destruction of electronic and print files after job
Check out where you can have print delivered to, or contact Copy